YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite, Inc. ("Yosemite") values the privacy of its users. Please read this Privacy Statement concerning the collection, use, modification, and protection of your personally identifiable information (including full name, mailing address, E-mail address, telephone number, and other identifiable information). Your use of this Website, http://www.yosemitepark.com/, will indicate your acceptance of all of the following terms. If this Privacy Statement is not acceptable to you, do not use this Website. Yosemite reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Privacy Statement at its sole discretion and at any time. Your continued use of the Website will signify your acceptance of any changes to the Privacy Statement.
1. Yosemite collects full name, mailing address, email address, telephone and facsimile numbers, age, and credit card numbers.
2. Yosemite also collects information about your computer and hardware, including, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and identity of referring Internet Websites.
3. Yosemite collects and uses the specified personally identifiable information in order to operate and provide services on http://www.yosemitepark.com/.
4. Yosemite may use your personal information to create a convenient and easy-to-use online reservation process that includes using "cookies" to track your steps through making an online hotel booking. DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite, Inc. may share transactional information with entities as is necessary to process credit card payment or other purchasing or delivery systems, if applicable.
5. Yosemite, its affiliates and subsidiaries, may use your personally identifiable information for its membership/subscriber database, for internal marketing and promotional purposes, or to inform you of products and services available from Yosemite. Additionally, Yosemite may use your information to confirm a hotel reservation, respond to inquiries on the Website such as "Contact Us", “Request for Proposal", "Testimonials", or "Send [a Web page] to a Friend".
6. Yosemite may disclose personal information: (a) to conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal process served on Yosemite (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); (b) to enforce or apply its policies or agreements (including to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed to Yosemite); (c) to protect and defend its or its user's rights or property, the Website, its employees, users or the public, including fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of the Website; or (d) if Yosemite reasonably believes that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
7. Yosemite will not disclose your personally identifiable information to any third party without first obtaining your permission.
10. If and when we ask for credit card data, it is transferred over a Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) line provided you are using a SSL enabled browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer. This ensures that your information is encrypted as it travels through the Internet. This secure mode is enabled before any such information is transmitted from your computer. You will know that you are in "secure mode" when the padlock or key icon in the lower right-hand or left-hand corner of the computer screen appears in the locked position. In addition, when accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from "http" to "https".
11. We will only collect personally identifiable information from you to the extent necessary to operate this Website. Yosemite will maintain the appropriate safeguards to protect your personally identifiable information from authorized third-party use.
12. We employ "cookies" on this Website which allow us to track user activity. A cookie is a portion of data that is transferred to your web browser by a web server and can only be read by the server which transferred the cookie. A cookie records passwords, purchases, and preference information. If you want to opt-out of cookie-based activity on this Website, please disable cookies in your Internet browser settings. You may also receive cookies from third parties while using our Website. Yosemite is unable to control the content or functioning of these cookies. You have the option to accept or reject cookies. Consult your browser owner’s manual for instructions on refusing cookies.
13. Information collected through the Website is considered a trade secret of Yosemite. As the owner of such information, Yosemite may disclose or sell such information as an asset of the company in conjunction with the sale to a third party of the company or a portion of its assets.
14. http://www.yosemitepark.com/ allows you to update and revise your personal information at any time. To modify your personally identifiable information, for the email specials, please go to the "Email Updates" function on our Website and update your profile. If you have utilized features on our Website such as online reservations, "Contact Us", "Request for Proposal", "Testimonials", or “Send [a Web page] to a Friend" please call Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts at Yosemite at (801) 559-4884 to modify your information. You may also contact us by emailing the Webmaster or at:
DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite, Inc.
P.O. Box 89
Yosemite National Park, CA 93262
15. If you should have a privacy-related complaint, contact us at (801) 559-4884.
16. If you do not want to receive any promotional electronic mail from us, send an e-mail to the Webmaster requesting that your name be removed from our mailing list. You may also go to the "Email Updates" function on our Website to update your profile and opt out of mailings. Notwithstanding any preferences that you select, we may contact you from time to time to provide service that you have requested or for customer service matters, such as responding to service-related inquiries, updating our policies, or notifying you of changes to existing service.
17. All communications concerning this Privacy Statement should be sent to DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite at (801) 559-4884.
Relaunched: December 22, 2011
Effective Date: February 22, 2006