2015 opening and closing dates
as well as the scheduled dates for the Ranger Guided Hikes
and Saddle Trips
are tentative and may be changed due to weather and other unpredictable conditions. Awarded lottery space is subject to the facility or services being open for the time reserved.
- Applications will be available online from September 1, 2014 through November 1, 2014.
- A maximum of eight spaces (six for meals-only) may be requested on one application form.
- A wilderness permit is required for the High Sierra Camp Meals Only option. Guests selected during the lottery process will be required to provide us with a valid wilderness permit number along with your deposit. Permit reservations are available up to 24 weeks in advance. To accommodate NPS’s Wilderness Permits Reservation Window schedule, deposits for Meals Only reservations will be due no later than April 1st.
- Only one application per party. Duplications will not be accepted.
- Please do not send payment until requested. (Meals only payments must be accompanied by a valid wilderness permit number.)
- Applicants will be notified by January 15, 2015 as to their standing in the lottery.
- You will receive notification that your application was received once you submit the online form. Please DO NOT CALL or email to check on the status after that. Due to the volume of applications received, we ask that applicants wait until the lottery is complete to make any inquiries.
- Any canceled space will be filled by a second round lottery using applications which were not awarded during the first round. Any available space not awarded during the first two rounds will be filled by an online booking request form on a first come first served basis beginning February 3, 2015.
- All reservations must be paid in full within 30 days of lottery award.