Bicycles are the best way to get around Yosemite Valley, allowing you to move at your own pace, and stop to see the best views without worrying about holding up traffic, or finding a place to park.
While on any Yosemite bike trail, please follow these rules:
Bicycle Safety Checklist
- National Park Regulations prohibit bicycles on dirt trails and in meadows.
- Riders under the age of 18 are required and all others are encouraged to wear a helmet (helmets are provided and included in the cost of a rental bicycle).-- No Exceptions --
- Obey all traffic laws and park signs, alert pedestrians when passing.
- Rental bikes are prohibited on Mirror Lake Hill and Lower Yosemite Falls Trail.
- While riding on all Yosemite bike trails, please ride single-file on the right hand side of the road or path
- One rider only per bike. Carry no passengers (including baby backpacks).
- Rental bicycles must remain in Yosemite Valley on flat, paved surfaces.
- Rental bikes have coaster brakes (pedal backwards to stop).