- Respectful noise levels are to be maintained at all times of the day.
- Quiet Hours are posted as 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. All guests are expected to be respectful of their fellow campers and abide by these hours. Failure to do so may result in your removal from the camp.
- Should you find that your neighbors are not being respectful, please report to the Front Desk or call extension x8333 from any house phone or (209) 372-8333 from your cell phone.
- Please consider disengaging your vehicle’s alarm system. False alarms are common and very disruptive to wildlife and other visitors.
- The heat in Heated Tent Cabins is turned off approximately the Friday before Memorial Day, till the Monday following Labor Day.
- While both Unheated and Heated Tent Cabins do come with linens and blankets, we recommend bringing sleeping bags if you tend to get cold while sleeping. A limited number of sleeping bags are available for rent. Ask at the front desk.
Cooking and Food Storage
- Cooking is not permitted in or around your accommodations, on top of food storage lockers or any other areas within Curry Village. Picnic areas are available in Yosemite Valley, including some with grills.
- Food must be stored in a closed bear-proof locker at all times. Food includes all food and drinks (even unopened canned or bottled goods), toiletries, other scented items, and ice chests. Learn more about what should be stored in a bear-proof locker.
- Your Curry Village unit comes with one bear-proof locker measuring:
35.5"W x 20.5"D x 23" H (Small Tent Cabins)
47.5"W x 20.5"D x 23" H (Large Tent Cabins)
- Failure to comply with food storage policies may result in a $5000 fine and/or your removal from the camp.
- Vehicles used for food storage may be impounded. Do not leave food or other scented items in yor vehicle.
Additional food storage guidelines:
- Treat your bear-proof locker like you would your refrigerator at home; you would never leave the door open.
- We recommend using sealed plastic containers for storing your food inside the lockers. This makes it easier to keep your food organized and away from campground critters.
- Please remove all your items from your food storage locker upon your departure.
- Learn more about bears in Yosemite and why practicing proper food storage helps protect them.
Safety & Security
- Curry Village grows dark at night and a flashlight or headlamp is extremely helpful. This may be especially important for guests in tents or cabins without bath who will need to walk to the bathroom after dark.
- Do not leave valuables (such as jewelry, cash, electronic items, etc) in your accommodation or your food storage locker. Safe Deposit boxes are available at the front desk.
- For everyone’s safety, private vehicles are not permitted on the Curry Village grounds. If you need luggage assistance, we have bell service typically available from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Pets are not permitted in any park accommodations.
- All pets on the Curry Village grounds must be on a leash.
- Kennels are available May through September and are located at the Yosemite Valley Stable.
- More general information about pets in Yosemite.
- Daily housekeeping in tent cabins and cabins without private bath consist of emptying trash and replacing towels only.
- Daily housekeeping in Cabins with Bath and the Stoneman Rooms, consist of emptying trash, replacing towels and making beds.
Should you need any additional assistance, please contact the front desk.
- Smoking is not allowed in the tents.
Return to Curry Village Lodging Details